You know the driver that didn’t see you crossing because they are on their phone, the one who walks straight into you and doesn’t even notice and the one who just rushes around for no apparent reason.
That’s a rather literal way to explain the point I am trying to make here.
You were born to live, not sleep
We tend to sleep through much of our life, taking things for granted because there’s always tomorrow right?
What if you knew that tomorrow wasn’t going to come, would that change the way you live your life?
The truth is that tomorrow never comes because the minute tomorrow is here, it’s today. So waiting for tomorrow is pointless.
I remember the days when I would just feel like a machine. Get up, get dressed, have a coffee, run off to work. Spend the day waiting for the day to finish so I could go home. Then push my way through the crowds on the London Underground to get home. Cook, Eat, Wash up and fall onto the sofa, dead to the world! Only to repeat it the next day.
Lucky for me, I was made redundant then my divorce gave me the final kick up the arse (excuse the language) and I grabbed at the opportunity to change everything. Otherwise I would still be on that treadmill, day in day out.
So how do you stay fully alive but still survive in our society?
- Becoming aware of the fact that you are not happy with the way things are is the first step to change. This is the beginning of waking up.
- I’m not saying you just get up one day and run. Make a plan, look at your options and decide what you have to do.
- Start making small changes in your life, everyday. Like spending less time in front of the TV and doing things that are interesting, fulfilling and life enhancing. TV numbs you, it rarely adds to your life.
- Don’t get swept up in the story sold to you about working harder and saving for the future. What future? We sell our life in the hope for a better future, how much is your life worth?
- Really get to know what it is you want out of life, what makes you happy and then make it happen.
- Let go of fear, it’s not real and most of what is in your head are just stories that paralyze you. Hear them but pay no attention.
You were born to Live not Sleep