The other day someone told me they thought I had too much passion for life. I don’t understand what that means, how can anyone have too much passion for life? Perhaps what they really wanted to say is that at my age I shouldn’t have so much passion for life. That by now I should settle for a life of ordinariness because time has run out for anything more. Personally I think it’s never too late to live life to the full, no compromises and no holding back. Why should life be anything but amazing?
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people just exist” – Oscar Wilde
If this is what having too much passion looks like, then I’m guilty:
- Every second I live is a gift that I do not take for granted. It’s a privilege to be living this human life and I will not settle for ordinary.
- Living in my comfort zone for too long is stagnation. I’d rather be uncomfortable for a while so I can experience life fully, than be comfortable forever and never really experience real life.
- I am going to die one day that’s a certainty. And because I know this I will live my life to the fullest. It’s my one chance.
- No fake timelines. I decided a long time ago that I was not going to live to society’s deadlines. Work like a slave all my life so I can enjoy life after I retire at 65, 66 or whatever it now is. I got ride of the retirement figure and added years to my life. I’m not looking forward to retirement, I’m looking forward to life.
- I am building a life around the things I love doing. Look at all the people who spend their life doing what they love, do they retire? People like David Attenborough 89 and Dame Judi Dench 81 and countless others still “working” because it’s their passion.
- You live longer when you love life because you look after yourself. You spend time doing the things that nourish you and less time doing things that deplete you. And you don’t fear getting old because that is just the consequence of living longer.
I will not apologise for having passion for life because it’s the only life I’ve got and everyday is a chance to start again, with fresh eyes and open curiosity.
I’d rather live with passion than die with regret
And this short video say’s it all for me. Enjoy!!